Hi all! It’s been a while since this blog has seen any action. I am hoping to brush off some of the dust and cobwebs and start the posts rolling again.
To start, I would like to introduce to everyone my favourite Greek place in Vancouver: Summer in Greece.
Tucked away on Burrard Street between 7th and 8th Avenue is a small, family owned Greek restaurant run by owner and cook, Spiros. Don’t be deceived by the outside appearance though, their food is amazingly good and cooked to order so everything is fantastically fresh.
Unfortunately, all the photos I have are of my take-out order from today.
- Their Greek salad is not over-sauced. I hate it when restaurants drench their salad with so much dressing that I question whether I am eating actual vegetables.
- Everything is made to order so food is fresh.
- Amazing calamari and avgolemono (Greek lemon chicken soup). If you have never tried the soup, you really should…especially from this place.
- Only street parking, and street parking on Burrard is not always easy to find.
- Because everything is made to order, the wait time might be a little long depending on the size of your order.
- They are closed SUNDAYS!
- If you’re ordering take-out, it might be best to call in your order and then go pick it up when it’s done.